SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations,
and the precautions and procedures,
before performing repairs or service.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts to prevent damage.
- Have an assistant help you when removing and installing the dashboard.
- Take care not to scratch the dashboard, body and other related parts.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
|1.||If equipped, make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the preset buttons.|
|2.||Disconnect the negative battery cable, and wait at least three minutes before beginning work.|
|4.||Front under the dash, disconnect the interior wire harness connector (A), driver's door wire harness connectors (B), brake switch connector (C) and clutch switch connector (D) (on MT model). Remove the relay (E) from the bracket, and disconnect the engine compartment wire harness connectors (F) from the under-dash fuse/relay box (G). LHD is shown, RHD is similar.|
|5.||Remove the rear heater joint ducts (A). Disconnect the SRS control unit connector (B), floor wire harness connectors (C), engine compartment wire harness connectors (D), and heater sub harness connectors (E).|
|6.||From under the dash, disconnect the passenger's door wire harness connectors (A), roof antenna connector (B), antenna lead (C), ECM/PCM connector (D), and engine wire harness connector (E).|
|7.||Detach all of the harness and connector clips.|
|8.||From outside the driver's door, remove the caps (A), then remove the bolts (B, C, D) and nut (E), and lift up on the dashboard (F) to release it from the guide pins (G, H) on the body. When pulling the dashboard out, remove the canter frame mounting bolts (I), then remove the center bracket (J) from the center frame (K). LHD is shown, RHD is symmetrical.|
|9.||Carefully remove the dashboard through the front door opening.|
|10.||A/T model only: Remove the center bracket from the center frame.|
|11.||Install the dashboard in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Make sure the dashboard fits onto the guide pins correctly.
- Apply liquid thread lock to the center frame mounting bolts before reinstallation.
- Reinstall the center bracket on the center frame, and slightly tighten the mounting bolts. Reinstall the dashboard on the body. After tightening both dashboard mounting bolts and nut, tighten the center bracket mounting bolts and center frame mounting bolts.
- Before tightening the bolts, make sure each wire harness is not pinched.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and the antenna lead is connected properly.
- Reconnect the negative cable to battery.
- If equipped, enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.