Sunroof Frame and Drain Tube Replacement
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.
|2.||Disconnect the sunroof connector (A) and drain tubes (B). LHD is shown, RHD is symmetrical.|
|3.||With an assistant holding the frame (C), remove the bolts (D) and ground bolt (E), starting at the rear, and release the rear hooks (F) by moving the frame forward, then remove the frame.|
|4.||With the help of an assistant, carefully remove the frame through the front door opening.Take care not to scratch the interior trim and body, or tear the seat covers.|
|5.||To remove a front drain valve (A) from the body, remove the kick panel, left or right. Tie a string to the end of the drain tube, then pull the front drain tube (B) down out of the front pillar.|
|7.||Install the frame and drain tube in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Before installing the frame, clear the drain tubes and drain valves using compressed air.
- Check the frame seal.
- Clean the surface of the frame.
- When installing the frame, first attach the rear hooks into the body holes.
- Make sure the connector is plugged in properly.
- When connecting the drain tube, slide it over the frame nozzle at least 10 mm (0.39 in.).
- Install the tube clip (A) on the drain tube (B) as shown.
|8.||Check for water leaks. Let the water run freely from a hose without a nozzle. Do not use a high-pressure spray.|