Front Seat Removal/Installation (Except KZ/PH/FO/IN/MA)
For some models: SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations,
and the precautions and procedures,
before performing repairs or service.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
- Take care not to scratch the body or tear the seat covers.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- LHD is shown, RHD is symmetrical.
|1.||If equipped, make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the preset buttons.|
|2.||If equipped with a side airbag, disconnect the negative battery cable, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.|
|3.||Remove the front seat track end covers from the front of both seat tracks.|
|4.||Remove the rear outer seat track end cover.|
|5.||Remove the rear inner seat track end cover.|
|6.||Remove the bolts securing the front seat.|
|7.||For some models: Lift up the front seat, disconnect the seat sub harness connector (A) or the seat belt switch connector (B), the seat belt buckle tensioner connector (C), and the side airbag connector (D). RHD is shown, LHD is symmetrical.|
|9.||With the help of an assistant, carefully remove the front seat through the front door opening.|
|10.||Install the seat in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
- If equipped with a side airbag, reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
- If equipped, enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.