Dashboard Center Lower Cover Removal/Installation
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations,
and precautions and procedures,
before performing repairs or service.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts to prevent damage.
- Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
- LHD is shown, RHD is symmetrical.
|3.||Using a flat-tip screwdriver, pry out the inside edge of the caps (A) to release the hooks (B), and pull out the caps to release the hooks (C), then remove the caps from both sides.|
|4.||Remove the screws (A) and clips (B) from the dashboard center lower cover (C).|
|5.||Remove the dashboard center lower cover (A).|
|-1 ||Pull out the parking brake lever portion of the cover to release the clips (B).|
|-2 ||Pull out the cover to release the clips (C, D).|
|-3 ||Disconnect the cigaret lighter connector (E) and ashtray light bulb socket (F) (for some models).|
|6.||If necessary, remove the screws, then separate the center console (A) and center lower cover (B).|
|7.||Install the cover in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Make sure the cigaret lighter connector is plugged in properly and the ashtray light bulb socket is connected properly.