A/T Differential Carrier Bearing Outer Race Replacement
Special Tools Required
Handle driver ( 07749-0010000)
Driver attachment, 72 x 75 mm ( 07746-0010600)
- The bearing and bearing outer race should be replaced as a set.
- Replace the bearing with a new one whenever the outer race is replaced.
- Do not use the thrust shim on the torque converter housing.
- Adjust bearing preload after replacing the bearing and outer race.
- Coat all parts with ATF during installation.
- The illustration shows the 4WD model; 2WD is similar.
|1.||Remove the bearing outer race (A), 76.2 mm thrust washer (B), and 76 mm thrust shim (C) from the transmission housing (D) by heating the housing to about 212°F (100°C) with heat gun (E). Do not heat the housing in excess of 212°F (100°C).|
NOTE: Let the transmission housing cool to room temperature before installing the bearing outer race.
|2.||Remove the bearing outer race (A) and 80 mm thrust washer (B) from the torque converter housing (C).|
|3.||Install the 80 mm thrust washer and the new bearing outer race in the torque converter housing.|
|4.||Drive the bearing outer race to install securely in the housing with the special tools.|
|5.||Install the 76 mm thrust shim (A), 76.2 mm thrust washer (B), and the new bearing outer race (C) in the transmission housing (D).|
|6.||Drive the bearing outer race to install securely so there is no clearance between the outer race, thrust washer, shim and housing with the special tools.|