Side Airbag ReplacementNOTE: Review the seats replacement procedure in the body section before performing repair or service.
|1.||Disconnect the battery negative cable, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.|
|2.||Disconnect the side airbag harness 2P connector (A).|
|3.||Remove the seat assembly and seat-back cover.|
|4.||Remove the mounting nut (A) and the side airbag (B).|
- If the side airbag lid is secured by a tape, remove the tape.
- Do not open the lid of the side airbag cover.
- Use new mounting nuts tightened to the specified torque when you replace a side airbag.
- Make sure that the seat-back cover is installed properly. Improper installation may prevent proper deployment.
- Be sure to install the harness wires so that they are not pinched or interfering with other parts.
|1.||Place the new side airbag on the seat back-frame (A). Tighten the side airbag mounting nuts (B).|
|2.||Install the seat-back cover.|
|3.||Install the seat assembly, then connect the side airbag harness 2P connector.|
|4.||Move the front seat and the seat-back through their full ranges of movement, making sure the harness wires are not pinched or interfering with other parts.|
|5.||Reconnect the battery negative cable.|
|6.||After installing the side airbag, confirm proper system operation: Turn the ignition switch ON (II); the SRS indicator should come on for about 6 seconds and then go off.|