ECM/PCM Idle Learn ProcedureThe idle learn procedure must be done so that the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Replace the ECM/PCM or disconnect its connector.
- Reset the ECM/PCM.
NOTE: Erasing DTCs with Honda PGM Tester does require the idle learn procedure to be done again.
- Remove the No. 20 (15A) fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.
- Remove the No. 1 (80A) and No. 6 (40A) fuses from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
- Remove the PGM-FI main relay.
- Remove the battery wire from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
- Disconnect any of the connectors from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
- Disconnect the G1 terminal from the transmission housing.
- Adjust the idle speed.
To complete the idle learn procedure do this:
|1.||Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear defogger, lights, etc.) are turned off.|
|2.||Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or the engine coolant temperature reaches 80°C (176°F) -100°C (221°F).|
|3.||Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed and with all electrical items off.|
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on during this step, the time when it is operating must not be included in the 5 minutes.